twitter


Chicken is probably one of the cheapest meats, right? I mean if you hate the poor and you see someone on food stamps (SNAP) buying chicken, you're all like "hell yeah you better eat chicken" and if you're on Snap, you're all "oh yay, chicken again". I had a bunch of chicken thawed out to cook last night because I had plans that fell through, but still had to cook the chicken, which made me think that I better find some creative ways to use it.
I'm focusing my blog this month on ways not just to get help, but help yourself as well. One of those ways is to get creative in the kitchen. I have vegetables, spices, the staples, but what if I didn't? How could I make dinner more interesting if I didn't have all that? In light of the contest, because I'm curious, and because I'm a bit twisted, I decided I wanted to hear other views. Hence the contest.Details of the chicken recipe contest are below.


Type of chicken to start with: raw, uncooked, actual chicken (ie: If you make your own chicken strips, fine, use them and include the recipe. If they came out of a box or a bag, no go.)

Spices: You have salt, pepper, and up to 2 common spices.

Baking items: You have common baking items. Baking soda, baking powder, flour (AP or other wise), some type of sweetener whether it be sugar, honey, or whatever your health kick calls for.

Fruits and vegetables: Assume that you have four types of fruits and vegetables. Use common ones. Apples are common. Star fruit are not.

Other foods: You have bread, milk, eggs, cheese, and other common items as you see fit. Again, try to use items that you would find in just about anyone's house.

This contest is about getting creative with what you have rather than buying things for specific dishes. With that said, the more creative you get with common items, the more likely you will be to win the contest. Sooo now the fun part, the prize!

I'm all about sharing the love, so the prize is going to be something that is useful to you, your family, and maybe a loved one or two.

First prize: The first prize winner gets a box of homemade prepared packs. It will include at least 3 desserts, 2 soups, 1 gravy, and 1 meat seasoning. These will be packed dry goods, already prepared for use. You also get one cookbook, a monthly meal planner template, a mood/activity log template, and a food budget template. You will also get your recipe published on the site, with full credit and a link back to your site or blog.

Second prize: The second prize winner will get a monthly meal planner template, a mood/activity log template, and a food budget template. You will also get your recipe published on the site, with full credit and a link back to your site or blog.

Third prize: The third prize winner will get a monthly meal planner template, a mood/activity log template, and a food budget template. You will also get your recipe published on the site, with full credit and a link back to your site or blog.

Remember, the more creative you are with not just the recipe, but the use of common household goods, the better your chances at winning!

Note the entry on the contest implies consent to publish the recipe on the blog, though not all recipes will be published. Be send entries to justkat73@gmail.com, with "recipe contest" in the subject box. If sending pictures, paste them in the body because I won't open attachments.Contest ends on November 30, 2013. Winners will be announced on December 7, 2013. Good luck and happy cooking!

*Please note if there are not enough entries the contest will be cancelled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you. Please help me spread some positive energy by sharing some of your own :)