twitter


Yesterday I finally got to take almost  a full day off to enjoy with Hunter. Like most people, I have a hard time getting away during the week. I just happened to have someone who was willing to help me arrange things so that I could. The weekends are just to busy to be able to do this. Hunter goes to his dad's every other weekend for a week, so I feel like I have to catch time with him while I can. And this weekend I am catching time with myself.

I have banned everyone from coming to my house this weekend and I know this can seem like a big deal for some. The thing is, I am trying to take care of my family, including myself. I have some things that I need to do. Thankfully I am assertive enough that I don't have any kind of problem setting my boundaries.

I know there are some who won't understand. That's okay; they don't have to. This is my world and it's very important for me to make sure I do what I need to when I can. I also want to look out for other parts of my family. Sometimes we all need a push to take care of ourselves before we take care of anyone else.

In fact, I may even shut down social media and the phones as well. Otherwise I think I will spend at least part of the weekend trying to justify myself and that would ruin the entire concept. Just let me look out for me for a couple of days. I know for a fact that everyone else is taken care of, so I can at least not worry about anyone else for just a couple of days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you. Please help me spread some positive energy by sharing some of your own :)