twitter


Did you ever have one of those weeks when you just need to stop messing with electronics? It started with my brakes making noise. It sounds like a little motor going and then my brakes get all weird. Okay, since I've had the truck about 2 years and no problems with it, I can't really complain. But then it just kept going...

I went to make a pizza for the boys, only to find that the control panel on the stove is non-responsive. Okay then. Go back to work. The "g" falls off my keyboard. Wtf? Okay, I guess this is one way to improve my typing skills. Mess with the oven, thought I had it fixed....and....no. Go to mow the lawn and the blades don't turn. W.T.F?!

Hunter jamming with the zuk
I am about ready to give up, but I have this beautiful zucchini from my garden that is just begging to be made into bread. I also have bananas and blueberries that are ready for bread. So I do some searching and find a few recipes to cook bread in a crockpot. Sweet!

There are a couple of different ways you can do this. You can buy a pan to put in the crockpot, or you can just put it directly into the crockpot, which is what I did. You can also use your old vegetable cans to make small loaves. I can fit about 4 in my crockpot and I'll be trying this method later. Use the method that suits you best.

  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup oil, butter, or applesauce (I used butter because I was out of applesauce and I put a bit more than the recipe called for because I like the buttery flavor)
  • 1 1/4 cup brown sugar (Most recipes call for regular sugar, but I never have that in the house so I just use brown sugar. Some recipes also say you can put as little as 2 tablespoons..sweeten to taste kind of thing.)
  • 1 1/3 cup zucchini shredded 
  • 1 tsp vanilla (more to taste if you prefer)
  • 2 cups ap flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I used a pinch more)
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • Most of the recipes also call for about 1 cup of chopped nuts. I personally don't ever add this because I give most of my bread away and I have no idea who is allergic to nuts and who is not.

Crockpot Zucchini Bread
Set the crockpot on high. To prevent sticking, I coated mine with butter and powdered sugar. Mix the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Most people also mix the nutmeg and cinnamon with the dry ingredients, so feel free to do that. I personally beat my eggs until they are frothy, then add the butter (melted), cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla to the eggs. I add this mix to the zucchini, then combine it with the flour/sugar mixture. Cook in crockpot 3 hours, without removing lid. When the toothpick comes out clean, it's done.

If you use something like the cans in the crockpot or another pan, cover it with about 8 paper towels. If you are just using the corckpot to cook and to hold the bread, cover the lid with a towel.

4 comments:

  1. I must try this today!I have a zucchini in the fridge.

  1. Cooking now, I will let you know how it turns out.:)

  1. What kind of towel do you use? A dish towel?

  1. You can use any kind of towel, but yes I usually use a dish towel :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you. Please help me spread some positive energy by sharing some of your own :)