I went to make a pizza for the boys, only to find that the control panel on the stove is non-responsive. Okay then. Go back to work. The "g" falls off my keyboard. Wtf? Okay, I guess this is one way to improve my typing skills. Mess with the oven, thought I had it fixed....and....no. Go to mow the lawn and the blades don't turn. W.T.F?!
|Hunter jamming with the zuk|
There are a couple of different ways you can do this. You can buy a pan to put in the crockpot, or you can just put it directly into the crockpot, which is what I did. You can also use your old vegetable cans to make small loaves. I can fit about 4 in my crockpot and I'll be trying this method later. Use the method that suits you best.
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil, butter, or applesauce (I used butter because I was out of applesauce and I put a bit more than the recipe called for because I like the buttery flavor)
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar (Most recipes call for regular sugar, but I never have that in the house so I just use brown sugar. Some recipes also say you can put as little as 2 tablespoons..sweeten to taste kind of thing.)
- 1 1/3 cup zucchini shredded
- 1 tsp vanilla (more to taste if you prefer)
- 2 cups ap flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I used a pinch more)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Most of the recipes also call for about 1 cup of chopped nuts. I personally don't ever add this because I give most of my bread away and I have no idea who is allergic to nuts and who is not.
|Crockpot Zucchini Bread|
If you use something like the cans in the crockpot or another pan, cover it with about 8 paper towels. If you are just using the corckpot to cook and to hold the bread, cover the lid with a towel.