twitter



Even before I was a single mom, I was broke. I lived my life under the premise that if I had something, so did my friends. I could work 3 jobs and still be broke because I shared what I had. Knowing that, you can safely assume that economics wasn't my thing. But, as a parent, that changed somewhat. I'm happy, but I want my son to be happier. That means I need to teach him some financial savvy.

That's why I enjoyed Piggy Banks to Paychecks by Angie Mohr so much. I learned more in one reading of it than I did in my college Econ class. I don't speak econese, so the way she put financial wisdom into everyday situations and examples made it really easy to understand what she was talking about. Sure, I had to take a hard look at myself while I was reading the book, and evaluate my own financial situation, but she makes sense.

If you've ever read my blog before, you might already know that I have no trust of banks. Even with that issue, I can still teach my son how to better manage his money using some of the information I got out of the book.

And just so you know, though Piggy Banks to Paychecks was written in an effort to help parents teach their children how to manage their money, it's written in such a simple manner that anyone can find it useful. I'm talking about facts, situations you can relate to and scenarios that you can put to use in your own life.

This book should be on every parent's bookshelf. And, if you're homeschooling your children, you're doing them a great disservice if you don't use this book. It even includes a glossary and a budget template for kids to use.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you. Please help me spread some positive energy by sharing some of your own :)