twitter


Interestingly enough, it's been my spiritual journey rather than my educational journey that leads me to think about nature vs. nurture. For those who don't study education or psychology at all, just know that the nature vs. nurture question is probably one of the most important ones in either field.

I've been considering the details of how interconnected the world is. There are even theories that our memories are somehow entwined with genetic coding, which brings a whole new element to nature vs. nurture. After all, if it's a question of what's more important or which one has a bigger impact on how a person develops, what happens if we learn that part of our genetic coding has more to do with our experiences than our biology?

Just to be cleat, what this would really mean is that we are all literally connected in a biological sense, regardless of whether or not you believe in evolution. On my own spiritual journey, I came to the conclusion that we really are all connected through various pathways of energy. If this also includes genetic coding then that just means we all need to work harder to make our experiences with each other ones that are positive.

Anyhow, these are some of the random thoughts that run through my mind and keep me up at night.

7 comments:

  1. Interestingly, I've been having a Twitter discussion about something along these lines. Hmm. Maybe that will be my blog this week. : - )

  1. Very interesting! Your random thoughts have inspired mine. Nicely done.

  1. AND....yes....the thoughts please..hehe

    very good post

  1. Very inspiring post!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/

  1. I enjoyed your random thoughts! Very nicely done.

  1. Ooh, I LOVED this. I absolutely believe that we're all part of the same energy, so this spoke to me. :O)

  1. Energy and genetic coding - love the connections you are drawing throughout the post!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you. Please help me spread some positive energy by sharing some of your own :)