twitter


This morning as I was having my coffee and thinking how it was too early to have to listen to a fire alarm going off in town, another family was going about their daily business. They didn't know that this wasn't a normal day for them. For the sake of privacy, I won't use their names here. Why? Because they need help and no one likes to ask for help.

A father and his two boys are left without a home. As the father was working and the 2 boys were at school, their house was burning down. As if the loss of a home and all material possessions isn't bad enough, this Hamlet, Indiana family also lost their dogs to the fire. Without a home, clothes or even a couch to ponder their thoughts on, this family needs the help of the community and I hope we can give it.
I happen to have a fantastic landlord. When I called her and told her of the situation, she was more than willing to let the family move in immediately. Now it's simply a matter of finding essential items for the family. I hope those that live in Starke County or relatively close by will be willing to lend a hand and maybe even benefit themselves by getting rid of some unused items. Below is a list of the clothing sizes that are needed.

Father and oldest son: Pants- 32x32 Shirts-Large
Youngest son: Pants- 30x30 Shirts-Medium

Winter's coming and this family is going to be in need of winter clothing like coats, sweatshirts and so forth. I hope that we can help them out. If you want to donate some items, please contact me at justkat73@yahoo.com

It feels good to give. Try it and see!

2 comments:

  1. I'll see if I can gather up some stuff this weekend. Do we send directly to you?

    Also, interesting that my word verification is..."faith". Must be a sign.

  1. Yes Cari, you can. They'll actually be staying across the hall from me so it will be easy to get things to them.

    Signs are always a good thing!

    email me and I'll give you my address to send things to and thank you so much for the effort! I know it will be appreciated!~Kat

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you. Please help me spread some positive energy by sharing some of your own :)