twitter


A few years back I decided to get a tattoo for my son. I had his name written above a bear claw because I call him Hunter Bear. The guy who did the tattoo really screwed it up, so I eventually had to have my brother, Scott Foust fix it for me. He did the best he could with what he had to work with...and believe me, that took some creativity! But, in the process, my son's name got covered up. Guess who got their feelings hurt?

Tattoos mean a lot to me. Each one I have represents something. I have a rose with a spiderweb going from a petal to the leaves because it was my way of always remembering where I came from, no matter where I went. Obviously, the other one was for my son, but after having it redone, I needed to get something else for him. I had my brother tattoo Hunter's name on the side of my foot. He put it where I wanted it, even though he protested that it would fade easily because of where it was. He was right.

Why put his name on my foot? Because some days, he's the only reason I put one foot in front of the other. But, Hunter hates feet, so he wasn't thrilled with this tattoo either.

So, when my brother was doing tattoos this weekend I asked him to go over mine again, with a twist. This time I had him throw some black light ink in the tattoo. Surely to God my 10 year old son would now be happy? I was right! Hunter loves it! I tried to put a picture on here because it looks great under a black light, but either my camera can't do it or I don't know how. (I'm totally willing to accept that it's just my limited knowledge of working with lighting and camera.

Either way, I love the tattoo and my son is finally happy with it as well. Now, onto the question that first popped into your mind. Yes, in some areas it did hurt like hell, but honestly, for the most part it actually felt good and in some areas, I couldn't feel it at all. Who knew getting a tattoo on your foot would have such a varied assortment of sensory receptions?

And yes, if you're thinking of getting a tattoo, I recommend the black light ink for highlights. The colors are quite bright, so it's not something that you want to do the entire thing in. Also, you may not want it on your head or back because these are the areas that most often get MRI's and you don't want a huge magnetic field like that anywhere near the metal in that ink!

1 comments:

  1. This excellent website really has all the info I needed about
    this subject and didn't know who to ask.

    Visit my web page weight loss

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you. Please help me spread some positive energy by sharing some of your own :)