twitter


I love being in college. It was a dream of mine for years. I love to do research because I never know what I'm going to learn. With all the classes I've taken and all the research I've done, there is still no experience so educational as motherhood.

At the end of the day, do you think about what you learned from your children? Are you often surprised by some profound knowledge passed on to you by a child? I know I am. Hunter has taught me more about life than I'm ever going to learn anywhere else. Whether it's a reminder of a childhood lesson I forgot or a direct confrontation on how to do something now, my child is a wealth of information.

This parts really important.

Let's not forget how to be kids ourselves. Let's be silly with our children and let them teach us that there's  more to life than just work and meeting deadlines and goals. When it's all said and done, it doesn't matter how much money is in the bank account. That isn't going to be the memory that your children are going to share with their children. But, they are going to remember that time you had a silly string war with them or the time you patched their broken heart with a tickle fest or a silly game. Let's not forget that part of being a parent is giving our children a stockpile of memories to draw from as adults.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you. Please help me spread some positive energy by sharing some of your own :)